Terms & Conditions
Thruxton is committed to ensuring that all of its customers enjoy their experiences. To ensure there is no mis-understanding with regard to purchase or participation of any experiences please read the following information carefully. Call us on 01264 882222 if there are any issues you would like to discuss.
Thruxton is an FIA licenced motorsport venue and as such meets all the requirements laid down by the governing body of motorsport in the UK, the MSA (Motorsports Association). We operate with full third party public liability insurance cover. All the instructors are qualified and licenced by the Association of Racing Drivers Schools (ARDS), a body recognised by the MSA.
All participants must: 1. Hold a valid UK, EU, US, Australian or other recognised driving licence for a manual car. 2. Sign an indemnity before taking part in any activity 3. Attend the briefing 4. Be fluent in English. If the instructor is concerned about the customer's ability to understand and react to verbal instruction, the instructor can immediately stop the drive. 5. Due to the nature of our driving experiences and the cars we use, they are not suitable for drivers who are deaf or have a physical disability that requires special equipment to control and drive the car. We are also unable to offer driving experiences to blind people. If you are at all unsure about the suitability of someone to drive at Thruxton, please call to discuss.
Once your course is booked, Thruxton allocates your experience slot and covers the associated costs for the appropriate vehicles and instructors. We require you to arrive in plenty of time (at least twenty minutes before the start of your course). All participants must attend a pre event briefing. Failure to do so or being late may result in you not being able to participate in the experience. We reserve the right to refuse an experience to anyone who is deemed to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
All attendees must abide by the experience rules and regulations as described in the briefing. They must drive in a manner as instructed and where relevant no more than the specified rev limit. We reserve the right to stop the Experience if we feel a customer is driving in a potentially dangerous manner. They will be unable to complete their course if any car is damaged whilst they are in control and will not be able to claim a refund.
Where required helmets/safety equipment must be worn, no exception will be made.
- Gift Vouchers are valid for one year from date of purchase and must be booked by the beginning of the tenth month. The chosen activity must be
- undertaken within the one year period.
- Gift vouchers can be refunded for up to two months (eight weeks) after purchase subject to a £25 charge. After that time the vouchers are not refundable in any circumstances.
- Gift Vouchers cannot be extended. It is the recipient's responsibility to understand the valid period, operating days within that time and to plan accordingly to use it before the valid period expires. A list of operating days is included in the voucher pack and is also listed on our website. Otherwise call our office to ask for an up to date list.
- Gift vouchers can be exchanged for higher value vouchers with the difference in price being paid. If you exchange for a lower value voucher a £25 charge will be made and the balance refunded.
- Gift vouchers can be transferred to other people.
- Any refund will be made to the purchaser and not the voucher holder.
- The voucher must be returned before a refund is given.
- A deposit can be paid to reserve a place (or places) on a specific course on a specific date. The balance of the course fee will be paid on arrival at Thruxton on the course date.
- A confirmation only (not a voucher) will be sent on receipt of your deposit payment.
- Deposit bookings can be refunded up to two months (eight weeks) after the booking has been made subject to a £25 charge being made. After that time deposit bookings are not refundable in any circumstances.
- Deposit bookings will not be refunded within the above two month (eight week) period if it is within two weeks of the course date as time vehicles and staff have been allocated to you.
- Any refund will be made to the purchaser only.
Cancellation of Booked Date
Thruxton Motorsport Centre operates a cancellation policy and offers its customers a purchased cancellation policy that gives extra flexibility once a date has been booked.
Without Cancellation Cover
Once a date has been booked (either a voucher that has been booked in or a deposit paid against a specific date) it can be moved only once and only if the change of date is made more than two weeks before the original booked date. A charge of £40 will be made at the time the booking is changed. You will not be able to change your booking if you are within two weeks (14 days) of the original booking. You can send someone else in your place though.
With Cancellation Cover (Price confirmed on price list or website)
Once a date has been booked (either a voucher that has been booked in or a deposit paid against a specific date) it can be moved only once (for no cost) up to one week before the booked event. You will not be able to change the booking if you are within one week (seven days) of the original booking. You can send someone else in your place though.
You will forfeit the entire course fee if you fail to attend on the day and time of your booking.
All experiences are run on specific dates during the year. (see date list)
Circuit driving experiences operate primarily during the week with very limited Saturday availability between mid February and late November. We do not operate the track experiences in December or January. 4x4 experiences operate at weekends unless you have a group booking (3+) when week days can be considered. Due to popular demand we advise booking three - six weeks in advance to guarantee your first choice of date. Drivers - please note that there may be some waiting between the cars you drive. This may be the same for participants of the 3 car passenger ride. Family and friends are most welcome to attend and watch. There are good spectator facilities on track and at the Go Karts. There are limited opportunities to watch the 4x4. There is no charge for spectators. There is a restaurant on site should you require any refreshments at Thruxton. Third party insurance is included in the cost of the course. Animals are prohibited on or around the circuit and airfield. Young children are allowed in and around all the relevant buildings but must be supervised at all times. Please note that whilst family and friends are welcome to attend the briefing, it is not suitable for babies and small children, who can distract other participants. You are welcome to film from all the normal public enclosures. Thruxton Motorsport Centre is constantly trying to improve and upgrade their experiences. As such your experiences and the vehicles used may differ from that described in the brochure.
We try to run the majority of events at times of the year when they will not be adversely affected by the weather. In the event of snow, ice, fog or heavy rain the event may be cancelled or be restricted. Thruxton Motorsport Centre ONLY will make the decision to run the event, stop for a period of time or cancel completely. Generally, weather forecasts are sufficiently unreliable to make any definitive decision the day prior to an event and as such a bad or unpromising forecast the day before your event is not an acceptable reason for you to want to cancel your event. Non-attendance on a day that operates in spite of bad weather forecasts will see you lose your experience completely. If your driving is cut short because of bad weather, you will be able to return on another day to complete the balance of your experience. Refunds will not be given.
You'll be spending a lot of time outside so wear appropriate clothing but when driving you must wear long trousers, long sleeved top and thin soled narrow shoes. The pedals in racing cars are very close together. Helmets, wet weather suits and a limited number of racing boots are available to use on the event but if you have your own you are welcome to wear them.
Helmets, dry or wet weather suits, gloves and balaclavas will be issued at registration. If the weather is wet you are advised to bring a change of clothes.
- Minimum height: 5'
- Maximum height: 6' 4". The Formula Renaults can accommodate people up to approx 6'. If you are unable to fit into the Formula Renault and are under approx 6' 4" you will drive a Sports 2000 racing car.
- Minimum age: 17 but must hold a full driving licence.
The above sizes are a guide only. Some participants who fall within the guidelines may have very long or short legs for instance and find it impossible to drive. If you are close to the above limits we may only be able to determine your suitability to drive when you are actually here on the day and can try the actual vehicle.
Available for ages eight and upwards. For further details visit www.thruxtonkarting.co.uk or ring 01264 882231.
Our aim is to give customers an enjoyable and memorable driving experience. However, if there is anything about your driving experience that you are unhappy with, we would like you to discuss it with the senior manager in attendance on the day [please ask at registration to see this person]. We will be available to discuss your complaint and if possible remedy the issue on the day of your visit. It is very difficult to discuss with as much accuracy and to offer acceptable solutions after the event, when you are no longer at the venue. As such, any complaints or issues regarding your driving experience, will be dealt with fairly ONLY on the day of your visit. We regret that we cannot enter into correspondence or discussions regarding complaints after you have left the venue.
These terms and conditions replace all previous information and come into effect as from November 2018.